Assam New Ration Card Application: Application Process for Assam New Ration Card and other details of eligibility, where to apply, when to apply etc is discussed here. We all know that Ration Card is one of the most important documents to avail of the subsidised ration from the state Government. Ration cards are authorised documents issued by the Government authority for obtaining benefits under PDS. In Assam, the Ration distribution or Public Distribution System is administered by Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Directorate under Govt. of Assam.
Overview of Rationing System in Assam State
|Department||Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Directorate, |
Govt. of Assam
|Scheme of Ration / PDS||NFSA 2013|
|Application Process for RC||Offline|
|Whom to Contact||The FCS & CA Branch of DC’s / SDO(C) office|
Assam Ration Card NFSA 13 Implementation
Before implementation of NFSA ’13 in Assam state, the state PDS used to issue three types of Ration Cards, moreover these documents were termed as Family Identity Cards (FIC) in Assam. These three types of ration cards were meant for
- APL (Above Poverty Line)
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) &
- AAY (Antodaya Anna Yojana) beneficiaries under PDS/TPDS.
Besides, there was another type of Ration Card issued by the State Government which was called MMASY ( Mukhya Mantrir Anna Suraksha Yojana) card. With the implementation of NFSA’13 in the State there are only two types of ration cards under NFSA’13:
- AAY Card under NFSA’13
- Priority Household Card under NFSA’13
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Card
Under this scheme the poorest among the BPL families are selected and issued AAY ration cards. The AAY Card is issued to the percentage of the population who couldn’t have 2 square meals a day generally consists of BPL households headed by widows, terminally ill persons, disabled persons or persons above 60.
Priority Households (PHH) Ration Card
The Priority Households (PHH) Ration Card targets the really poor and vulnerable sections of the society such as landless laborers, marginal farmers and wage earners of the informal sections of the economy. Households having PHH ration cards will get 8 kgs of rice monthly per Beneficiaries at the rate of 5 Kgs at the rate of Rs. 3/- and 3 kgs at the rate of Rs. 15/- per kg.
Tabular View of Assam Ration Card Entitlements
|Cards||Commodities per month||Rate|
|AAY Card||35 Kg. of rice per family||Rs. 3.00 per Kg.|
|PHH Cards||8 Kg of rice per card||5 Kgs @ Rs. 3/- and 3 kgs @ Rs. 15/- per kg.|
Who is eligible for Assam ration Card Application?
Now for application submission of Assam Ration Card the applicant must fall into the following categories as under –
Persons having no ration card
The eldest woman of a family or in absence of any adult female member, the eldest male person who is a bonafide citizen of Assam fulfils all the criteria to be eligible as a beneficiary under NFSA’13 may apply for Assam Ration Card.
Duplicate Ration Card Applicants
The Ration Card Holder can apply for a ration card which is lost or become defaced, mutilated, illegible or otherwise rendered unless for no fault of the holder. In this case, the competent authority can issue duplicate ration card after charging the appropriate fee.
Applicants due to Transfer
This is applicable in the case of Government officials or other persons who are transferred from one place to another. In this case, the Surrender Certificate is required from the concerning FCS&CA authority of the place from where the person used to reside earlier.
Entry of Record Due to Marriage
In this case, the deletion certificate is required from the previous place of residence, issued by FCS&CA authority. This document is to be attached along with ration card application form and ration card.
Applications on birth of child
For the addition of child in the ration card, the Application Mentioning the Ration Card with the birth certificate of the child should be addressed to the FCS&CA authority.
Also Read || West Bengal Ration Card Application Details
How can I Apply for Assam FCSCA Ration Card?
The Simple Process to apply for the Assam Ration Card is discussed here through some steps. Interested persons can follow the step by step process to successfully submit the application.
- The Application Process is Offline.
- Make a visit to the Office of FCS & CA authority of the District /Sub-Division(C).
- Collect the Application Form.
- Fill up the Application Form Correctly.
- Submit the Application Form with all of the necessary details & enclosures.
- Within 2 to 3 Weeks receive the Ration Card by Post or collect it from the Office of FCS & CA authority of the District /Sub-Division(C).
Necessary Documents for Assam Ration Card Application
Now, as per the Assam Ration Card Application Process, the applicants need to apply offline through an application form. Apart from this, the application should be with the necessary enclosures/documents. Failure to provide the necessary documents will lead to the rejection of the application. So below we shall discuss the necessary documents based on the category of Ration Card Applications.
Documents Required for New Ration Card
- Detailed particulars of family members
- Copies of birth certificates of minor members (Below 10 years in age)
- Certified copy of the relevant page of Voter List
- Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card/Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS&CA authority where the applicant has previously resided.
- Address Proof (attested copy of PAN Card /Driving License / Bank Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)
Required Documents for Change of Head of Family
- Original Ration Card
- Death Certificate in case of death of Head of Family
- No Objection Certificate
Documents for Child to Adult Conversion
- Original Ration Card
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate / X Pass Certificate )
Required Documents for Change of FPS and / or Residential Address
- Original Ration Card
- Photo Identity / Election Identity Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
Documents for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender
- Original Ration Card
- Local Certificate / Election Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate/ Xth Pass Certificate)
- Surrender Certificate in original (for inclusion, if any)
- Death Certificate in case of death of a member
Required Documents for Duplicate Ration Card
- Police report
Check Assam Ration Card List 2022
Now, this is an important piece of information for the citizens of the state. Through this process, every RC holder can check the Assam Ration Card List 2022 on district / subdivision / Village basis. Thus here we have shared the steps to check this list on your own.
- First, visit the Official Website through https://fcsca.assam.gov.in/portlets/ration-card
- Now Select the District Name.
- Thereafter Select the Tehsil Name and then the Village.
- On the selection of the village, the RC List will open on the screen.
- Now search for the Unique RC ID Code, Name, Address, Type of Ration Card on the list
Direct Link to check Assam Ration Card List 2022: Click Here
NFSA (National Food Security Act) in Assam
The government of India on 10th September 2013 has notified the National Food Security. Accordingly, the State of Assam has decided to implement the NFSA Scheme for the benefit of the poor section of the society. After the implementation, the scheme was finally launched in Assam on 24th December 2015. Due to the launching of the NFSA 2013 Scheme, approximately 55 lakhs household in Assam will get the subsided ration through PDS.
The Objective of NFSA Assam Ration Card Scheme is as under –
- Providing food and nutritional security to 84.17% of the rural population and 60.35 % of the urban population in Assam as per census records 2013.
- To ensure the availability of the adequate quantity of food at affordable prices to poor people.
- To give free meals to malnourished children through local anganwadis.
Frequently Asked Questions on Assam Ration Card
No, the Assam Ration Card Application Process is Offline.
The Ration Card Holder should surrender the RC and collect the surrender certificate from FCS&CA authority.
Yes, in this case also the applicants have to surrender the card and collect the certificate for reissue.
Normally new card issue takes 2 to 3 weeks from application date.