E-Shram Registration is a special registration initiative by the Ministry of Labour and Employment. The primary Objective of this process is that Govt of India wants to create a centralised database of the Workforce in the unorganised sector including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, etc. By having a centralised data the Government can take initiatives that will protect & safeguard the interest of workers, promotion of welfare and providing social security to the Labour force. The registrants post the registration shall be given E-Shram Card / UAN ( Universal Account Number ). More on this in the sections below.
Overview of E-shram Card Registration 2022
|Scheme Name||E-Shram Registration|
|Launched by||Ministry of Labour & Employment, GOI|
|Beneficial to||Labour Force in Unorganised Sector|
The Objectives of eSHRAM Portal Registration is actually creation of a centralized database of all unorganized workers (UWs) including Construction Workers, Migrant Workers, Gig and Platform workers, Street Vendors, Domestic Workers, Agriculture Workers, etc., to be seeded with Aadhaar. This will help the Govt / Ministry to improve the implementation efficiency of the social security services for them, additionally this information can be used by other ministries as well.
E-Shram Card Registration 2022 Benefits
Well the primary objective of the E-Shram Registration is that Government of India wants to ease the process of service delivery to the targeted. It is only possible if the Govt. have the complete and correct data. The Govt. in the event of any National Crisis like Covid19, may want to provide any Social Security Schemes, relief etc, then with this the Govt can directly provide the same to those who needs it actually. This will only be possible if the E-Shram Registration is complete.
Who can go for E-Shram Registration ?
Any individual satisfying following condition can go for E-Shram Registration at the Official portal.
- An unorganised worker who is between 16 – 59 years.
- An unorganised worker who is not a member of EPFO / ESIC or NPS (Govt. funded)
What is required for E-Shram Card Registration?
After the necessary condition for registration, next we are sharing the necessary particulars to register. The e-Shram Card Registration is free and the intenders should keep the following ready before the registration.
- Aadhar Number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Savings Bank Account number with IFSC code
How to Register for E-Shram Card Online?
The E-Shram Registration is through the dedicated portal started in this regard. The interested ones can avail two method of registration process. The E-Shram Registration Process can be availed through CSC ( Common Service Centres ) across the country and also through online by the intendeds himself / herself.
Steps to Self Registration for E-Shram Card
- At First visit the Official web portal at https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self
- Enter the Aadhar linked Mobile Number & Captcha.
- Recheck the details and click on Send OTP.
- The Next Step is the entering the information.
- The applicants can enter the information like address, bank details, AADHAR etc.
- Finally check the details and submit.
- The Applicants shall get an UAN ( Universal Account Number ).
Steps to E-Shram Card Registration through CSC
- Visit the nearest CSC
- Provide the details like AADHAR, Mobile Number & Bank details.
- Pay the required fees.
- Finally take a print of UAN Card.
How to download E-Shram Card Online ?
In this section, the steps to download the E-Shram Card is discussed. By following this the applicants can easily download the card having UAN online.
- At first visit the same official website @ https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self
- Now, select the Already Registered Option on the menu.
- Next select the download / Update UAN Card option.
- A new window opens up on the screen.
- Now, enter the Universal Account Number, DOB & Captcha in the field available
- Recheck the details and click on generate OTP.
- In the next stage, enter the OTP & click on download UAN.
- Finally, take a print of it for record.
Direct Links to E-Shram Card Registration 2022
In this part, we have enclosed the direct link to CSC Portal and also to self registration of UAN. We hope this will be useful for the interested ones.
We hope the information here regarding the eShram Registration Process has been useful for the interested. Thus, we suggest the eligible to get registered as early as possible to avail the benefits as and when announced by the govt.