POPSK stands for Post Office Passport Seva Kendra. Actually, the Department of Posts or the Post Office which we usually know has been roped in by Govt of India for Passport Related matters. Ministry of External Affairs generally handles and had been handling the Passport related matters exclusively. Now, the Govt of India has launched the Post Office Passport Seva Kendra Facility shortly known as POPSK.
In Brief – Post Office Passport Seva Kendra
|Facility Name||Post Office Passport Seva Kendra|
|Launched by||Jointly by Ministry of External Affairs & Department of Posts|
|Launched Date||17th May 2018|
Why is POPSK launched by GOI ?
Passport Related Services used to be handled by the Passport Offices spread across the country. Be it for application of new passport, renewal and other matters, the citizens had to visit the Passport Offices in capital cities. This was tiresome and also time consuming for the citizens. Thus, in order to make this whole process simpler, MEA and Department of Posts, GOI has launched the POPSK facility to develop passport related services on a bigger scale and to ensure wider area coverage.
What function will be played by Post Offices in POPSK service ?
Under this new system, the Head Offices of the Department of Posts will act as Passport Seva Kendra where the citizens can replicate the passport related matters including the verification part before the issue of new passport. Actually, Government of India through this POPSK facility will utilise the Post Office for making Passport services easily accessible to all.
What are the benefits in POPSK service ?
Although there are Passport Offices in the country but they are less accessible to the citizens. Now, regarding the benefits in POPSK service, there are many. Some of them are discussed here –
- Earlier the applicant of passport had to visit the Passport Offices located in metros, but after the POPSK they can easily visit the Head Post Offices for any clarification.
- Verification Part of Passport Services is now available at Head Post Offices thus there is a saving of time and energy.
- Citizens can select the nearest POPSK as per their preference during their appointment.
- There is no extra fees or middleman to avail the POPSK Services.
Thus, from the above discussions it is clear that Post Office Passport Seva Kendra or POPSK has greatly made the passport services more accessible. Good News is that as on November 2019 a total of 424 Post Office Passpot Seva Kendras have been made operational in the country. Moreover, the Govt of India plans to add more point in the coming time. So, what are you waiting for ? if you want to avail the Passport related services, make sure to book an appointment at https://www.passportindia.gov.in/ and avail the services at your nearest Head Post Office.
Hopefully, the information is useful to you all, thus share and support us this way.
Yes, the facility is accessible at 424 Head Post Offices across the country.
Yes, you can go for this through the Post Office Passport Seva Kendra.
You may check –
- Free Fire Redeem Codes 2022 | Redeem Latest Garena FF Reward Using Codes
- E-Challan 2022- What is it, How to Pay Challan & Discount Details
- Pokemon Go Promo Codes (September 2022), How to Get Free items
- Andhra Pradesh Sarkari Yojana / Scheme 2022 | Check it Here
- Assam Sarkari Yojana / Scheme 2022 – Details Here